Notes for Figure 6H-25 and 6H-25A(CA) —Typical Application 25 Multiple Lane Closures at an Intersection
1. If the work space extends across a crosswalk, the crosswalk should be closed using the information and devices shown in Figure 6H-29.
2. If the left through lane is closed on the near-side approach, the LEFT LANE MUST TURN LEFT sign should be placed in the median to discourage through vehicular traffic from entering the left-turn bay.
3. The normal procedure is to close on the near side of the intersection any lane that is not carried through the intersection (see Figure 6H-25A(CA)).
4. If the left-turning movement that normally uses the closed turn bay is small and/or the gaps in opposing vehicular traffic are frequent, left turns may be permitted on that approach.
5. Flashing warning lights and/or flags may be used to call attention to the advance warning signs.