Notes for Figure 6H-33 —Typical Application 33 Stationary Lane Closure on a Divided Highway
- This information also shall be used when work is being performed in the lane adjacent to the median on a divided highway. In this case, the LEFT LANE CLOSED signs and the corresponding Lane Ends signs shall be substituted.
- When a side road intersects the highway within the TTC zone, additional TTC devices shall be placed as needed.
- When paved shoulders having a width of 8 feet or more are closed, channelizing devices should be used to close the shoulder in advance of the merging taper to direct vehicular traffic to remain within the traveled way.
- A truck-mounted attenuator may be used on the work vehicle and/or shadow vehicle.
- Where conditions permit, restricting all vehicles, equipment, workers, and their activities to one side of the roadway might be advantageous.
- An arrow board shall be used when a freeway lane is closed. When more than one freeway lane is closed, a separate arrow board shall be used for each closed lane.
- See Section 6F.106(CA) for use of the Slow For The Cone Zone (SC19(CA) and SC20(CA)) Signs.