Notes for Figure 6H-30—Typical Application 30 Interior Lane Closure on a Multi-Lane Street
- This information applies to low-speed, low-volume urban streets. Where speed or volume is higher, additional signing such as LEFT LANE CLOSED XX FT should be used between the signs shown.
- The closure of the adjacent interior lane in the opposing direction may not be necessary, depending upon the activity being performed and the work space needed for the operation.
- Shadow vehicles with a truck-mounted attenuator may be used.
- The RIGHT (LEFT) LANE(S) CLOSED (W20-5 or C20(CA)) sign may be used instead of the Lane Reduction (W4-2) sign.
- All advance warning signs should be placed so that the path of travel for bicycles in not blocked, while maintaining visibility for road users
- When existing accommodations for bicycle travel are disrupted or closed in a longterm duration project (See Section 6G.02) and the roadway width is inadequate forallowing bicyclists and motoe vehicles to travel side by side, the Bicycle Crossing (W11-1) sign and the SHARE THE ROAD (W16-1P) plaque should be used to advisemotorists of the presence of bicyclists in the travel way lanes.
- If bicyclists are able to use the shoulder throughout the TTC zone, the Bicycle Crossing (W11-1) sign and the SHARE THE ROAD (W16-1P) plaque should be omitted.