Notes for Figure 6H-19—Typical Application 19 Detour for One Travel Direction
1. This plan should be used for streets without posted route numbers.
2. On multi-lane streets, Detour signs with an Advance Turn Arrow should be used in advance of a turn.
3. The STREET CLOSED legend may be used in place of ROAD CLOSED.
4. Additional DO NOT ENTER signs may be used at intersections with intervening streets.
5. Warning lights may be used on Type 3 Barricades.
6. Detour signs may be located on the far side of intersections.
7. A Street Name sign may be mounted with the Detour sign. The Street Name sign may be either white on green or black on orange.
8. When used, the Street Name sign shall be placed above the Detour sign.
9. The DETOUR (M4-8) sign should be placed on tangent sections at intervals not to exceed 1300 feet and at major intersections.
10. In urban areas, the M4-8 signs may be placed at every intersection.