Notes for Figure 6H-20—Typical Application 20 Detour for a Closed Street
- This plan should be used for streets without posted route numbers.
- On multi-lane streets, Detour signs with an Advance Turn Arrow should be used in advance of a turn.
- Flashing warning lights and/or flags may be used to call attention to the advance warning signs.
- Flashing warning lights may be used on Type 3 Barricades.
- Detour signs may be located on the far side of intersections. A Detour sign with an advance arrow may be used in advance of a turn.
- A Street Name sign may be mounted with the Detour sign. The Street Name sign may be either white on green or black on orange.
- When used, the Street Name sign shall be placed above the Detour sign.
- See Figure 6H-9 for the information for detouring a numbered highway.