Notes for Figure 6H-19—Typical Application 19 Detour for One Travel Direction
- This plan should be used for streets without posted route numbers.
- On multi-lane streets, Detour signs with an Advance Turn Arrow should be used in advance of a turn.
- The STREET CLOSED legend may be used in place of ROAD CLOSED.
- Additional DO NOT ENTER signs may be used at intersections with intervening streets.
- Warning lights may be used on Type 3 Barricades.
- Detour signs may be located on the far side of intersections.
- A Street Name sign may be mounted with the Detour sign. The Street Name sign may be either white on green or black on orange.
- When used, the Street Name sign shall be placed above the Detour sign.
- The DETOUR (M4-8) sign should be placed on tangent sections at intervals not to exceed 1300 feet and at major intersections.
- In urban areas, the M4-8 signs may be placed at every intersection.