Notes for Figure 6H-18—Typical Application 18 Lane Closure on a Minor Street
- This TTC shall be used only for low-speed facilities having low traffic volumes.
- Where the work space is short, where road users can see the roadway beyond, and where volume is low, vehicular traffic may be self-regulating.
- Where vehicular traffic cannot effectively self-regulate, one or two flaggers shall be used as illustrated in Figure 6H-10 6H-10(CA).
- Flashing warning lights and/or flags may be used to call attention to the advance warning signs.
- A truck-mounted attenuator may be used on the work vehicle and the shadow vehicle.