Notes for Figure 6H-8—Typical Application 8 Road Closure with an Off-Site Detour
1. Regulatory traffic control devices should be modified as needed for the duration of the detour.
- If the road is opened for some distance beyond the intersection and/or there are significant origin/ destination points beyond the intersection, the ROAD CLOSED and DETOUR signs on Type 3 Barricades may be located at the edge of the traveled way.
- A Route Sign Directional assembly may be placed on the far left corner of the intersection to augment or replace the one shown on the near right corner.
- Flashing warning lights and/or flags may be used to call attention to the advance warning signs.
- Cardinal direction plaques may be used with route signs.