Notes for Figure 6H-14 6H14(CA) —Typical Application 14 Haul Road Crossing
- Floodlights should be used to illuminate haul road crossings where existing light is inadequate.
- Where no-passing lines are not already in place, they should be added.
- The traffic control method selected shall be used in both directions.
- When a road used exclusively as a haul road is not in use, the haul road shall be closed with Type 3 Barricades and the Flagger symbol signs covered.
- The flagger shall follow the procedures provided in Sections 6E.07 and 6E.08.
- At night, flagger stations shall be illuminated, except in emergencies.
- When a road used exclusively as a haul road is not in use, the haul road shall be closed with Type 3 Barricades. The signals shall either flash yellow on the main road or be covered, and the Signal Ahead and STOP HERE ON RED signs shall be covered or hidden from view.
- The temporary traffic control signals shall control both the highway and the haul road and shall meet the physical display and operational requirements of conventional traffic control signals as described in Part 4. Traffic control signal timing shall be established by authorized officials.
- Stop lines shall be used on existing highway with temporary traffic control signals.
- Existing conflicting pavements markings between the stop lines shall be removed. After the temporary traffic control signal is removed, the stop lines and other temporary pavement markings shall be removed and the permanent pavement markings restored.