Notes for Figure 6H105(CA)—Typical Application 105(CA) Lane Shift on Road with Low Traffic Volumes
- The lanes on either side of the center work space should have a minimum width of 10 feet as measured from the near edge of the channelizing devices to the edge of pavement or the outside edge of paved shoulder.
- All advance warning signs should be placed so that the path of travel for bicycles is not blocked while maintaining visibility for road users.
- Workers in the roadway shall wear highvisibility safety apparel as described in Section 6D.03.
- Flashing warning lights and/or flags may be used to call attention to the advance warning signs.
- If the closure continues overnight, warning lights may be used on the channelizing devices.
- A lane width of 9 feet may be used for shortterm stationary work on low volume, low speed roadways when motor vehicle traffic does not include longer and wider heavy commercial vehicles.
- A work vehicle displaying highintensity rotating, flashing, oscillating, or strobe lights may be used instead of the channelizing devices forming the tapers or the highlevel warning devices.
- Vehicle hazard warning signals may be used to supplement highintensity rotating, flashing, oscillating, or strobe lights.
- Vehicle hazard warning signals shall not be used instead of the vehicle’s high intensity rotating, flashing, oscillating, or strobe lights.
- Notes 6 and 7 shall not be applicable for State highways. Note #1 shall be used instead for State highways